24 August 2013

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray review



Bumble and Bumble thickening hairspray  £17 (prices can differ) 

So I got this free in this Elle's magazine, a long with millions of other people. I only owned one product by BB and that was the surf spray . I love that surf spray so I knew that I was probably going to at least like this product too and yes, you guessed it, I do. I like it but don't love it. I used to have super mega thick hair, whenever I stepped in to a new hairdressers they would comment on it. I had all of chopped of nearly four years a go and since then it has never been as thick. Now, I am not saying that I now have really thin hair so don't get a pixie cut but I just have pretty 'average' hair now which is also due to heated styling gadgets! 

Now you know a little about my hair, lets get to the product. The smell is divine and it is my favourite part of the product. I can't describe the smell, I can't compare it to anything! Just trust me when I say it smells nice. It is very easy to use and a little goes a long way (my hair is nipple length.... you are smiling at the word nipple aren't you....)  so even though there is only 50ml in this bad boy, I think it's going to last a while. So does it work? The answer is yes, if used right. I found if I was feeling lazy that I didn't get very much of the product. You need to use it on wet hair with not many (if any) other products in your hair to get the best out of it, I found. Along with heat protective spray I spray this all over but mostly concentrating at the roots as that's where most of the volume is going to come from when blow drying. It leaves my hair super thick with loads of volume and no hard bits of crunchy bits like some products leave. My hair still feels light and soft. The best way to use on dry hair is just at the roots then blow drying (yes I know your hair is dry) and lifting at the roots with a hairbrush. 
The question is, would I buy it? To be honest, no but only because it is the first and only thickening spray I have ever used and the price is pretty grand for me. I would give other cheaper products a try first and then see if I would buy it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment